Please sign this petition to release Ai Wei Wei

Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What Defines My Style: Part 2, Romance

All of my work is romantic.


Je T'aime French Boho Blank Card (detail)

My personal definition of romantic would be anything that is reminescent of the concepts of love or adventure. Usually colors like white, ivory, lavender, pink, and red fall into this catagory. As well as the more cliche symbols of love; hearts and flowers, for example.

Amber-Colored Orchids, 2010


Personally, I would also include more subtle elements such as simplicity, femininity, nostalgia, whimsy, surrealism, adventure and exoticism. My creative language includes purple, black and brown among the colors of love and romance. Butterflies, modern botanicals, birds, stars and natural stone are among some of the romantic symbols that often appear in my work.







Amber Romance Necklace (detail)

Four attributes I imagine women who wear my jewelry would have?
  • Independence
  • Non-conformist
  • Confidence
  • Avant-garde







Once again, I would like to share some of my favorite listings on Etsy that fall into the catagory of romance.

Acorn Earrings Autumns Harvest by CuteAbility
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59235108/acorn-earrings-autumns-harvest

Eco Tattered French Vintage and Lace Wedding Dress, The Eco Bride by CreoleSha
http://www.etsy.com/listing/66152497/eco-tattered-french-vintage-and-lace

No comments:

Post a Comment